Monday, October 26, 2009

Where do pumpkins come from?


So last week we went to a farm that had a pumpkin patch full of pumpkins. We talked about how pumpkins grow on vines in a field called a pumpkin patch. The pumpkins were available to buy, but I didn't because I'm cheap and knew that they cost double or triple more than a grocery store. So this year we bought ours at Walmart. A few days later after I picked up Brady from preschool I got this email from his teacher.


"Today, when we were talking about our pumpkin, I held up a story about a pumpkin patch. We talked about how pumpkins grow, etc. Then, I asked the kids, "Where do we get pumpkins?" Brady yelled, "WAL-MART!" SOOOO cute!!"


I'm so proud of what great things I am teaching my children!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

That is so funny! Aren't you a proud mom? Gotta love those moments. He will love to hear about that one when he is older.