Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Crazy Weekend!
These last few weeks of pregnancy are starting to blur together - I swear I have no idea what day it is anymore. On Saturday we had an incidence happen to add to my confusion. Tyler left early that morning to play basketball. I hadn't really expected him to go since he had started a new job that week and had been getting up really early so I thought he would sleep in, but he didn't. Brady woke us all up early that morning so off to basketball Tyler went. A couple of hours later my phone rings with an unknown caller id. I don't usually even answer the phone when there isn't a caller id, but decided to pick up thinking they would probably just call back again. It wasn't a telemarketer like I thought, it was Tyler. I didn't recognize him at first, but he proceeded to tell me he was at the ER. If anyone has played basketball with Tyler in the last couple of years they know that Tyler has become familiar with the ER every once in a while with a cut on the face or eye or something - but usually just some stitches. This time was very different. He said he was going up to block a shot and the shooter flipped his legs out and undercut Tyler sending him to the floor. Somehow he hit smack down on his right arm elbow. Not good. He could see a bone poking up against his skin and thought he had dislocated it so off to the ER he went. Well a dislocation would have been great - but instead he ended up going into surgery within 3 hours to repair a shattered elbow and detached humerus. 5 hours later he came out with a titanium plate and 9 screws to put him back together. The doctor was afraid that Tyler would lose some of the feeling in his hand and a lot of his mobility because they had to take out and repair a major nerve, but so far he can feel and move all his fingers, so that is good. We spent the night in the hospital and went home late Sunday afternoon. Luckily Tyler's parents are living here right now and have been able to help us out a lot with the kids. It was so sad because after seeing Tyler in the hospital, Cole asked if Tyler was dying and Brady was pretty scared of him too. Totally broke my heart! Anyway, Tyler has been a real trooper. He hates that I have to help him do just about everything now, but being the tough guy that he is, is already back to work this week. We've had lots of phone calls and dinners and prayers - so thanks to all for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh My Gosh! I feel so bad for both of you. What a terrible time for an accident, but you have such a great attitude! Glad to hear that it shouldn't be permanent damage. I think Wii needs to come up w/ a basketball feature so Tyler won't get hurt anymore! ;)
Hugs,
Sarah
Oh my goodness! Where have I been? I've been totally slacking on the blog thing and finally come over here to check on you and this is what I see?!! I swear Tyler is going to be the death of you someday. I hope he continues to recover well. I wish we could have been there to help!
We are sorry we had to miss Brady's birthday - it looks like he had a fun day! How much longer do you have? It looks like the next time we see you might be at a certain baby's blessing! :) How saw that it's been this long!
Oh my gosh how scary!!! I'm glad he is doing okay! Wish we were closer to help out! We will be thinking about you guys.
I am so sorry to hear all that. I hope he feeling a little better now that he has had surgery. I wish I lived close so that I could help you out.
We're so glad Tyler seems to be doing ok and we are so excited for your new baby to be here soon!
I'm behind on my blogs... I just read about this! I'm so sorry! How are you guys doing? Do you need help with anything? Just let us know!
Well, that explains why he won't come play softball with me in Mesa...Tell him I said "get well soon". Mitch
Post a Comment