I got this from a friend of mines blog and thought it would be fun! I hope you will play along.
Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.
This was fun for me to sit and reminisce, hope it is for you too! If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments
8 comments:
This was fun to sit and think about all the memories that I have of us together. . .so many good times. Paul and I were just talking the other day about how funny that was the night he told you and Tyler about the 'eeh snoopy' thing from Chile. I remember we just laughed and laughed for so long that our faces hurt. I wanted to call you just so he could say it for you, but it was kinda late.
I have lots of memories of you and I too, like how many basketball games did we sit through together?! We've always had good talks but I think my favorite memory is when Tyler was super-dad and we got to go to a movie and lunch in the middle of the day! We had so much fun, didn't we? And lots of good talks that day...
I posted my comment on your sleepy post, so hope you read it. Thanks for being my friend.
Katherine,
Oh I love that memory of Paul and eh snoopy! I remember and will never forget the lovely time when we went to visit you and the boys had too much jerky and dried fruit on the golf course - that was not pretty but pretty funny! I also remember when we were little that you fell off the top bunkbed in the night and didn't even wake up!
Nikki,
Thanks for the comments! I loved those days as well - you guys were such good friends to us! I remember all the park days, pool days, fun times to Pump it up and McDonalds! Thanks for all the good times!
Donette, loved your memory note for me....ah, yes the many diets we've encountered over the years! BUT, my hands-down favorite memory with you is when we went to Enrichment at the Covey's! For those who weren't there I'll re-cap. We were both newlyweds and my ward was hosting an enrichment dinner at the Covey's beautiful home! Sister Covey was going to talk to us about manners I think...and just being a gracious person. Her talk was wonderful and so was the food. We said goodbye to everyone and headed out to the car. The Covey's lived on a hill in north Provo/Orem and we just parked on the street. I drove the only car that Darin and I owned at the time...which was a blue-green VW Fox...let's just say that a car like that is hard to find, very rare. I unlocked the door and got in, reached around and unlocked the passenger side and put the key in the ignition. For some reason the key wouldn't turn. The car was old and so we thought the steering wheel got locked up. So you and I kept jerking on the steering wheel trying to get it to unlock so it would start...but nothin'! Then we thought maybe it just needed a little push, so we took off the emergency brake and pushed it a little way down the hill, jumped in and tried it again. Nothing happened again. Pretty soon a big crowd from the activity was gathering and we were explaining that the car wouldn't start. Then I noticed that one of the hubcaps was missing and there was a rusty dent in the side. We were like, "NO WAY! Someone hit the car while we were in there and didn't even leave a note!" Sister Covey came out and asked if we wanted to call the cops and we said no we'd just call Tyler to come get us. As you ran in to call Tyler I chatted with everyone about "the accident". You came back and said Tyler was on his way. Almost everyone had left the activity but one girl who lived about a building down from me came over to see what was wrong. As I told her she said, "What car?" and I said, "This one." pointing to it. She said, "Oh, that's my car." LOL The whole time we were pushing the wrong car down the hill and yanking on the steering wheel! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. I'm sure Sister Covey and the other "have-it-all-together" women there were cracking up over us. But seriously, I had NEVER seen another blue-green VW Fox in my life! And I surely didn't know my neighbor had one! So we looked up the hill, and just one more car away was MY VW Fox!!!
I seriously think we are like Lucy and Ethel!
Big Hug, Luv ya girl!
Sarah
PS - Whew! That was long!
Well this will obviously be from YEARS ago....
I will always imagine you with a "wedge" haircut. You were so cool that I had my mom take me out and copy it:) Back in those days Katherine and I were the annoying tag-alongs, but I know that we both looked up to you.
And, I like your hair now, even more:) LOL
Oh the dried fruit and jerky combo. . .NASTY!!! I have never experienced such a thing before. It was hilarious and disgusting at the same time.
I forgot about that time you and Sarah had the FOX incident at your Enrichment night. That was funny too.
Post a Comment