Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Time Flies!



Holy cow - so I haven't written for quite some time now. I got a little busy. We moved! Gosh I don't want to do that again for a while. What a pain! We worked night and day for about 3 days. The only good that comes from it is purging all the crap I don't use. I have finally gotten the new house somewhat organized and all the fun of painting and decorating has now begun.
We have been fully moved in for about a week and a half now. Besides missing the wonderful friends we left behind, we are really enjoying the new place so far. Tyler has reduced his work commute from 75 miles one way to about a half a mile. That has been good for us all. What a difference it is to have him home that extra 3 hours. The boys and I are loving the new street we live on. We went from a somewhat busy street to the very end of a quiet culdesac. There are lots of kids on our street(even two other boys named Cole) so Cole & Brady have had lots of fun playing out with new friends. In the short time we've been here Cole has taught himself to ride a bike. He has his own bike that had training wheels on it, but one day ran into the house telling me to come outside to watch him ride one of the neighbor kids' bike. I didn't really think that he could do it yet, but thought I would go out and see. Sure enough he went out and rode the bike without training wheels up and down the street. I couldn't believe he did that all by himself. Now if I could just get Brady to potty train himself!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Way to go Cole! I can't believe he did that all by himself! Glad you are getting settled. . .moving SUCKS.

Ashlee said...

We are so happy you moved closer to Jeff's parents as well as to Tyler's work! Now we can come visit more easily and definitely more often when we come down!

Sarah Lunt said...

What a little athlete! That is awesome. Tell him Happy Birthday for us!
Luv ya,
Sarah

Shannon said...

Hey Donette, I was blog surfing and I came across your blog. You have such a cute family. My mom said you moved to Queen Creek. How is it? I can't believe we both live in Arizona and I haven't seen you in years! Maybe we'll see you at a Lunt wedding or something.

nikki said...

Cute blog! I'm likin' that we can also keep in touch this way! I love how my kids made a little appearance in your blog when you guys went to visit Santa and I didn't even know! It makes me sad that best friends live so far away now! But we had fun with you today and we'll make plans to hang out again soon! Love ya!

melinda said...

Hey Donette, I just came across your blog and I am so excited since I haven't seen you since I was in what, 2nd grade?? Do you even remember me??;) You have such a cute family! Off to search for any of your siblings blogs--hoping to find one for Katherine!